Acoustic backgrounds, the hum dum of a buzzing heater, and finally I am able to exhale. Finally able to take a breath for me. You know that feeling when you just forget to breathe in the midst of the craziness of life. I'm still working on trying to take a few moments in my day to stop, reflect, to take in life. I guess I've just become so accostomed to lifestyle of being "on the go". This was what I live for at least what I thrived most especially in college. But somehow in my aging self...this way of life is just not as fulfilling. And that's how I know I am truly getting OLD.
But enough of all that venting and jibber jabber. Here's an update:
Pre-Wedding ExtraBeganZa:
The hunt for the dress. Man this is one of the things that I don't look forward to when having to go to a formal occassion. Since I've become pleasantly PLUMP (aka. chubby) this hasn't been my favorite part of having to dress up. Oh well...but one good outcome of the pre-wedding prep is motivating me to start working out. Hopefully I'll keep it up.
Work: Man its been really really krazy at work. Probably the most painful part of my new resposiblities is editing reports...I honestly don't know how editors/TAs/teachers/professors can deal w/ grading/editing dumb reports. I guess its all in the subject manner. After reading one DTT/ABA report after the other, they all start to blend together. Yuck. Another daunting task is having to assign new cases to people who aren't even trained to do the work. Err especially with limited training that I've been provided. Not fun...rite now but I know that's just how it is in the beginning. Just got to suck it up and be a grown up. Just needed to vent. But if you work hard...you got play even harder. Well kinda..
Yardhouse w/ the GuRLs: Got to finally catch up with Melissa, Dee, Cecile and Trish. Guess we've all been succeeding in our professional life. And just find out that our former roommate has been chum chum with the stars. She's met so many Hollywood A-listers in the last 6 months (namely George Clooney, Danny Devito, Rhea Pearlman, John Goodman, Kelly Ripa)...but what I love is how she's a first name basis with "George". Good times. And it was just plain nice catching up with friends.
Long Nite: Didn't get in till 3am due to a detour to Kaiser's Urgent care. Fortunately, it was only an irregular heart beat & a high blood pressure to blame. Crashed in Rosemead for a lil nap before we headed to the OC. First stop was a date at Happy Nails with DeeHaw...and rushing the Vietnese ladies who were prolly talking crap about us for hurrying them. hehe.
The Wedding: Man it was so FUN and the perfect occassion for us old friends to reunite to celebreate the beautiful union of the truly talented couple. Dee and I couldn't help but get emotional remembering how far our dear friend has grown up to the man AND husband that he now is. Pretty crazy to remember the good old days when it was 247 and 5 Riverrun...chillin on that nasty couch with true friends. Thumbs up to oil papers, open bars, the Mariott, bayviews, being loud/obnoxious, carne asada fries, Mac make up, picture whores, yummy cake centerpieces (what a good idea!), "Brokeback Cake", and old friends. And extra special shout out to "Plus one" and Table 16. Man I love being loud and having fun with my girls.
The Mariott: Phaty phatty hotel w/ an awesome view. So pretty enough said...
Good old Interfaith: On our way back to the OC we got caught in traffic and saw the body of motorcyclist covered on the side of the freeway...Rest in peace friend. Caught half of the mass and saw even more old riends. Nice catch up with another teacher friend: Lees.
Overall, it was a reunion weekend of catching up and good old fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home