Unexpected Surprises
Yay for unexpected surprises. After playing phone tag with a friend, we finally got to chat for a brief but very meaningful 30 minutes. Oh how I miss Christ-centered life conversations!! It was such a much needed recharge :o) Oh the "joys of fellowship"!! While its few and far between nowadays...its ALWAYS refreshing to hear where a sistah is at in life. And its always so nice to bounce off your own emotions, thoughts, and fears with a friend. She gave me lots of hope and inspiration by sharing her walk with me. She only affirmed once again a lesson I've already learned...only once you really let go does He begin to use you for His glory.
A couple of months ago...I just stopped to examine where I was at. It's so nice to do that...to be able and stop and remember where I was at a a month ago...6 months ago...a year ago. And realize how far I've come, how much I've grown, and what I've learned on the way (good AND bad). All part of the journey. But now what...
Moving on...
So hard...and so sad, but that's where I hear Him calling me. So I'm over the mourning phase and have accepted where I'm at. Now the next step is truly moving on. Discovering how and where He can truly use me is the hardest part. I honestly think its the prefectionist side of me that is my demise. Because I'm so afraid of failing or not making something perfect, I resort to just putting it off. Procrastination...ahhhh...it gets the best of me sometimes if not ALL the time. I'm really hanging on to this quote from "Purpose of Everyday Living":
...learn to defeat procrastination by paying less attention to your fears and more attention to your responsiblities...
Praying for courage and strength to start this next phase...whatever that may be.
Career & Vocation
The subject of moving on, crosses over into so many aspects of my life. Man oh man. So I'm making the baby steps to jumpstart a new career...still assessing and praying that "Nursing" is what I really want to do. But that also means saying goodbye to my career as a behaviorist/therapist/consultant. I'm pretty much done in this field...well actually it really is more like a MINISTRY. But not the ministry for me. I don't feel like I'm me anymore and that I can complete His will here. So we shall see where He will lead. But fortunately, I am beginning to really understand what this Paitience thing is all about. It really is a virtue that is earned and not granted.
Remembering & Being Thankful
Gosh I just forget oh lucky I am at times. And I'm so selfish dwelling on things I don't have, or uncertain things in the future, I forget to be thankful for the basics: life, water, food, and health. So much that I even forget about how so many others are deprived of these basic necessitiees. Even my own aunt in the PI who is currently dying of cancer and fighting to live. I'm sorry Lord, for being so selfish and only pray that you continue to heal Tita Lucy and strenthen her, and stregthen the family who are taking care of her. Please Lord give her strength and hope to live and to keep pushing on. Please please please join me in praying for my aunt and other cancer paitients and survivors.
Joys of Fellowship
How how I miss it. But I'm really excited because this weekend I have another chance to fellowship with my friends and Days family. We're having our CHRISTmas potluck and white elephant. Yay...I'm so excited. It nice to surrounded by friends rooted in Christ aka Kuya Jess. +BiL. Come one...come all and share in the joy of fellowship. Amen Lord Amen.

1 Comments:
Thanks Jill for your words of encouragement and prayers. Our time together at UCI was so short...but I praise God that we are sisters in Christ.
Hopefully we can reunite soon so I show u my some of my dancing moves. LOL!!!!
Merry Christmas too Jill!!
p.s. I'm gonna post this also of ur LJ just in case u don't chek my blog...hehe.
Post a Comment
<< Home