40 Days/ 40 Nights
I believe the true test of authentic spiritually is in the silent moments with God. There is a time to witness and minister, but also a time to comtemplate.
I am validated when I remember that Christ has been where I am NOW. That imagery of Him walking where I've been and feeling what I'm going through is a comfort. Personally I feel most connected with Him when I remember this.
Before Jesus begun his public ministry He would always took the time to separate Himself from the crowd to reflect and just be with His Father. He spent 40 days and 40 nights in the desert. It's kinda ironic where God has called me: to the high dessert of Palmdale. I guess this is my 40 days/ 40 nights.
An excerpt from Day 22 of Criswell Freeman's "Purposse For Everyday Living":
In all your deeds and words, you should look on Jesus as your model, whether you are keeping silence or speaking, whether you are alone or with others.
-Bonaventure

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home