The Journey
Its been a while since I've commented on the journey...
Funny what a little "Tylenol Cold" can do. I've been trying to fight a cold the last week and have been self-medicating with good old Tylenol. But the side effects have been quite strange. The last 2 nights, I have fallen asleep within 30 minutes of having taking the pills but then I find myself randomly awaken in the middle of the early morning... 1am two nights ago and 3am last night. But I guess its the perfect opportunity to "think" and reflect. In the stillness of the night, its pretty weird how so many realizations and epiphanies can be born.
Coming back home was quite the transition. I had to adjust to being under my parents roof, while also having to letting go of lifestyle of ministry, late night conversations, trips of spontaneity, and being surrounded by a family of friends who I could just be myself. But in coming home, I have really come back to what is really important. Back to the basics. And its has given me the chance to evaluate the person that I am. I am also at a point of my life when I have just come to acceptance- in every respect of my life from work, to my social life, to my callings. Funny how once you just accept and really let go...how everything truly falls into place and you find peace.
I came across this quote and it really sums up everything that is stirring inside of me: "Look back at yesterday with gratitude BUT LET GO. Look forward with expectation BUT LET GO. Look at today with the sufficiency of God's grace AND HOLD ON."

1 Comments:
i like that one. i'm gonna use it.
Post a Comment
<< Home