Monday, January 23, 2006

A Changed Perspective...

I feel like I just got my second wind. With a bittersweet start to the new year, I have an improved outlook on life. One of my client's mom brought up a very interesting way to reflect upon change. Every since her son was diagnosed with Autism 2 years ago, she makes a very deliberate effort to always remember where he came from and always appreciate how far he has already come.

When I first assessed this child over a year ago, he couldn't even sit in a chair for more than 5 minutes at length, he had limited if even any language, and he was content on lining up his cars over and over and over. A year later, he requests for food independently, he greets everyone he encounters, initiates peer interaction, and plays with toys like any other 5 year old. So much progress for my little guy and so much growth is yet to come. The harvest is indeed bountiful.

So this prompted to reflect on where I've been 3 years ago, 2 years ago, a year ago, six months ago. WOW. I have so much to be thankful for...and I am so blessed. Thank you doesn't even cut it. A changed perspective for a new year. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home