Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Curse of Electronics

I must have a stamp on my forehead or sumthin because from day one computers have really had it out for me!! Granted I've come a long way since my computer illiterate days. Hey for one I actually have a blog and am even updating it on a semi-regular basis...and second I finally got cable modem! Yay!! Okay okay I know these 2 things arent the best ways to measure computer literacy, but hey I'm trying right.

Anyway, you wanna know I spent the lovely 4th of July weekend?! Well while most of you were enjoying the holiday with some fireworks, bbq's, picnics, family n friends, I was typing way at my freakin' 16 page report! My fam and I were spontaneously were gonna go to vegas but my lagger butt waited til the last minute as usual n didnt have my report done in time. Yeah yea I know I procrastinated and all (b/c it was due today) but the worst part of this whole X-trabeganza was when my disk got corrupted and erased all 10 pages that I had already finished!! Woe is me...woe is me! I tell u I'm cursed or something dood! Why do things like this always happen to the Regfoo. So there I was at the end of the weekend having to re-type and remember all the crap that I had just written the 2 days before. I got paranoid and ended up writing out my paper w/ a reliable pen n paper and then went back n typed it out. Thank goodness...I had a dopeass secretary...tanx sooooooo much sister u are the Bestest!! (ahem-ahem: social praise/reinforcement :)

The Way of the Warrior
So today I finally turned in my wretched report. And I just had to reward myself for a freakin long weekend of report writing. So I finally was able to watch only 1 of 3 Dvds that I rented for the weekend. I chose The Last Samuri. Wow what a good movie. But yet I had so many mixed emotions when watching it. In the past, I used to love action movies especially ones that glorified battles scenes both fictional and historical. But for some reason, tonite I kinda got depressed watching the movie rather than really enjoying it unfortunately. I kept getting distracted by this knot in my stomach bcuz of the all the recent happenings and deaths of the War in Iraq. War is completely barbaric (sp?) and pointless sometimes. Yet at the same time I totally don't take for granted all the sacrifices that our forefathers have done so that we might have the freedom that our country is blessed to have. Oh dzzzang I'm busting a O'Connell or something! LoL!! That professor has some power...his brainwashing tactics have haunted me into my post-college days. Haha...oh the good old days of socio classes w/ good ol' Chuck.

Well anyway...dats how went my weekend! Im hoping next weekend will be a better one. I'm planning on going down for the stateline turnaround trip!! Yay I'm so excited...last one was super fun! Good times. And I'm trying to arrange my schedule so that I might possibly pass by Irvine (fingers crossed!!). I miss u friends sooooooo much! Hopefully we can hang dis weekend! Okay goodnite loves!!

5 Comments:

Blogger franny said...

regi, i miss you! i'm almost ready to drive my butt up to freakin' palmdale to visit you! but i don't know if i could make the two-hour trek on my own. hopefully soon! til then, take care & KJ bless!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Reenie said...

hi reg! congrats on finishing your paper =). i TOTALLY feel you with the whole procrastination thing. i missed UCI graduations because of my yucky report card stuff that i kept postponing to finish! *sigh* hopefully we learned from our lessons, right? hee-hee. anyway, take care of yourself! GOD BLESS YOU!!! =)

2:23 AM  
Blogger angfoo said...

i thought you were gonna blog suckface. i bet you're online right now. right now, as you are reading this. LOL.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

whatup grandma

2:59 AM  
Blogger Chellebers said...

Hey Reg! I miss you, foo! I haven't gotten the chance to go to Irvine 'cause I got no money. But I found out one of my friends from high school is buying a house in Lancaster (works in Palmdale). I don't know if he's your type, but he's nice, single, and Catholic.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home