The Cup is Half FULL
Alrightee. Its been an awful long time since I've had a meaningful blog. So its time.
Life is going really well right now. Praise God. Altho, the last few months have honestly been a roller-coaster of emotions. I really didnt anticipate that the move back home would bring about so many krazy emotions in me. While it was expected and a given, it all just took me by surprise. For a while I did try to make a trip at least once a month back to Irvine, but the milage and time it took were toiling. This funky post-college period is best described by Jennifer Aniston when she was asked to describe life after-Friends: "What am I supposed to do with Rachel, just put her in a box or a closet." Much like the former Rachel Green, I too felt like I was going through an identity crisis. I've been this krazy, ADHD, bipolar, interpretive dancing, emotionally-cry at virtually anything, kluzty, on beat dancing (LoL), Regfoo. And all of a sudden, I had to be put in a box and become an adult overnite. And all these "Who am I" type of questions kept plaguing me. It was quite an abrupt transition.
But the hardest thing was that I kept looking at things with the wrong set of eyes. My focus was more on the cup being half empty: I was hundred miles away from my friends, lost in a desert literally and figuartively, I no longer had a community to worship with, I was lost as to what path to take in life...blah blah blah. But after months of this blah state, I finally force myself to just accept how things are. And let go! And I realized that through all this changes I forgot to take Him with me on the journey. And that's why it was so empty and why I felt so alone. So I slowing finding my way back and beginning the journey to redefine Reg!
Life was never that bad to beginning with. My perspective was just a lil clouded. Things have really been going well. There are so many blessings in my life! Amen! My cousin's preganant, my dad is getting calls for work, my family's healthy, my sister is kicking ass in Seattle, Liwanag is stronger than ever, I'm hang out more, catching up with old friends, work is going great, praying more, finding music once again, remembering the good times, discovering a christian station in the AV, and that's only to name a few. Everything is looking up. Its all in the way you look at the cup. And praise God...my cup is most definitely half FULL!!!

4 Comments:
good job...you turned on your comments all by your computer-illiterate-self! haha :D oh suckface, i got your comment on my blog...the legend does live on!
anyway, nice to know that you're lookin' at the cup differently. and from an outsider's view, it looks like the cup is overflowing...
miss you foo. take care and tell the parental units i said "hi!"
"who am I, that I should receive the cup of life OUTPOURED?"
praise GOD for overflowing cups, eh??? i miss you reg...and i'm so glad that we talked for a little bit yesterday. i feel you on the adult thang, though you got it waaaay worse than i do. yet there is a reason, no doubt, and i think that as we all are slowly starting to realize we aren't kids anymore and things aren't the same, our faith reaches to a new and different level -- one that is more clear than ever...
i love you!!!
awww, that was such a nice entry reg! i feel like i'm just tiny step ahead of you guys. i went through the same thing 2 summers ago. and i imagine that we'll be going through more of these revisions of identity throughout our lives. but you're so right, it's all about perspective. whose perspective? must be His, right? doing and seeing all things as God does, as Jesus does. i think it helps ease the trials of the journey so much more. it's the only comfort in the midst of all the uncertainty and changes of the world. *sigh* i don't wanna grow up either!
miss you much!
wow reg. hi - i was reading that last entry "i almost forgot my password" for so many days in a row that i forgot to check back. new entry. yay.
missed you @ graduation (sad face). hope to see you soon (hopeful face)
Post a Comment
<< Home