Monday, October 08, 2007

From the Inside Out

We're prone to want God to change our circumstances, but He wants to change our character. We think that peace comes from the outside in, but it comes from the inside out.

~ Warren Wiersbe

The first month of my second semester of nursing school was filled with its challenges once again. And I found my self lost in the negativity of it all, venting about this problem and whining about another. In all honesty, I forgot the reason why I entered this profession. But this weekend, He reminded me why I'm here.

A moment of clarity revealed when my patient needed a glimpse of hope. It was a powerful experience for us both. To stop amidst the bed baths, medication adminstration, and paperwork to share a moment of faith.

I forgot how to trust. I was so lost in adjusitng to the changes and the up & downs. Take and receive. The crosses and the triumphs are what will build character. And I must find the peace within. Thank you. +bil



1 Comments:

Blogger ro*wing said...

Amen sister-friend. indeed, we share this journey...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home