Sunday, May 20, 2007

Humbled & Edified

Jesus said: "The Father will give you whatever you ask of him in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name; ask and you will receive." - John 16:23-24

Everything has fallen into place. My prayer for the last 4 years has been- "Lord what is your will for me? What do you call me to do?" And for the first 2 years, He was silent.

God's delay is not God's denial. -Anonymous

But last Friday, a prayer was answered and I am humbled. My path to Nursing was far from simple or direct. I definitely took the round about way to get here. But I know now that every struggle, triumph, stress, tear, and joy was what I needed to prepare me for this new profession. And that every single experience is what trained me to be where I am at. From leading prayer meetings, to leading staff meetings; from working with the Homeless, to my special Ed kids; from wiping away a friend's tears to wiping a poopie diaper; it has shaped me and led me to the person I am today.

In the last month, I can't deny God's work in my life. He stepped in and guided it all.
  • April 17th: I had a staff meeting for work at the Assessment Center. My boss brought Noah's bagels and Starbucks for the staff....yum! We had leftovers so she asked my co-worker and I to drop them off to the Academic counselors (who we work very closely with). I decided to make an impromptu appointment with Michelle, who is in demand & rarely is available. Luckily she had an opening that afternoon.
  • Counseling Appointment @ 4pm: Met with Michelle & explained to her my academic goal of wanting an Accelerated nursing program. She told me she had just received an email the day before, 4/16, about a brand-new program @ CSUN that was pending on approval. An 15-month Acclerated BSN. We went over the pre-reqs and it appeared that I had most of them done.
  • April 18th: CSUN was approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing.
  • April 19th: Started to contact my professors & former employers to request for a letter of recommendations. Contact UCI, IVC, & COC to obtain my transcripts.
  • April 20th: Due date- General online application to CSUN.
  • April 25th: Started writing my personal essay.
  • April 27th: Completed application due to CSUN. Drove to the nursing department to drop it off.
  • May 11th: Interview with the Directors.
  • May 18th: Received an invitation to join the new cohort class for A-BSN.

It's been quite the month! But so worth it. So my last final at COC is on Thurs May 31st. And the nursing program starts Mon June 4th. WOW MOM WOW. Take about accelerated huh? But I know that through Him, anything is possible.

Ask and you will receive.

3 Comments:

Blogger kirsten said...

congratulations reg!!! i'm so proud of you! you're gonna be an awesome nurse!

1:14 PM  
Blogger ro*wing said...

seek and you shall find...

8:57 PM  
Blogger Last Son of Krypton said...

congrats once again, Reg! u r a trooper. lemme know when u party, b4 u go into seclusion =)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home