Monday, April 30, 2007

Roots

"Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan."--Jose Rizal

Never forget your roots. This is a lesson that my mom always reiterates. This was something her parents taught her and one she's passed on to me. This weekend was a nice stroll down memory lane. And a humbling realization that everything in my past has shaped me into who I am right now.
  • Liwanag: Being at the Spirit Rally was awesome. It's always a comfort to know that the group is in good hands. The heart of group is still the same. This group will always have a special place in my heart. This is where my journey began- where I found Him. And it continues- same corniness, same Homeless Outreaches, same love for God. The only thing that differs are the faces. Let's here it... for the Spirit!


  • Alumni: Yay for reunions. There was a good number of us out there to support them Loggers. These are the people who've seen me thru the good and bad- the sleepless nites, the tears, the laughs, the love, the spontaneity, and the growth. It's been a fun ride!


  • Fridays: It was a nice way to unwind & catch up with old friends. It was a pleasant surprise to also see Bryant and Christine @ the spirit Rally. Reminiscing back in the day of VIENTO & our early years in LOG. And finally got caught up with Nimz...hey ur "friend" is cool (good pick girl!).

  • VIP: This was quite the revealing nite for many us crashing at the hotel. Lol!! It was hella funny the things we learned and heard. But I guess you had to be there. Oh friends how I miss thee! Let's do the vegas thing forreal!!

  • Dee, Em, Fran: I love you girls. I had so much krazy fun this weekend. You all have been such instruments. And I know we've only just begun! Here's to a toast to our future culdesac and future journeys.

I am very lucky. Thank you KJ.

6 Comments:

Blogger Last Son of Krypton said...

hiya Reg! wish i culdve been there at rally. i wuldve brought one of the founding fathers with me, ha! 1 more month of classes, hang in there!

~ alfred

10:36 AM  
Blogger Rowena & Derrick said...

GINA! Great seeing you this past weekend yo! Thanks for all the laughter, haha! I saw you dancing and moving your body to the action songs and all. haha, so good! When we finna hit up vegas!...

the whole world now knows thanks to you. haha. its all good though, its funny.

12:20 PM  
Blogger ro*wing said...

dude, do you even know who said that "old filipino proverb"?

two words: jose rizal.

quote him. :D remember your roots. yes o yes. the legacy of marie. hehe

7:34 PM  
Blogger ro*wing said...

very good toots. thanks thanks :D

9:05 PM  
Blogger Victor said...

it was great seeing you again! talk about memory lane, liwanag has really shaped me too...what a wonderful grout. still #1 ...and i'll never forget my first homeless outreach when you taught me a most important lesson in how to keep a caravan together!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Regilyn said...

Thanks for passing by friends:

FRED- hope the gig went well. Woohoo 1 more month left...we're almost there. Gluk!

DARE- yea thanks for laughing at my dancing! I hope u enjoyed =) Always fun hangin out with u bro!

ROHS- Thanks for the correction english major. Miss u sister friend!

VICTOR- Isn't LOG just awesome! And I'm so embarrassed about ur traumatizing 1st homeless outreach caravan. Please forgive me!!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home