A Second Wind
Just to paraphrase Finn, Meredith Grey's former boyfriend on Grey's Anatomy (the vet): "Damn I have plans."
In the last couple of months, there have been quite a few answered prayers. I definitely have nothing to complain about. The best gift all though is: peace. It's been a long time since I've had it...and it feels nice. It was a hard long struggle to get to where I am now. But it was so worth the broken road.
Because of this, I find myself dreaming once again. And it feels good to start making plans. And it's even more reinforcing to see how my baby steps are slowing inching me towards my goals. Thank you KJ!
school: I'll be applying for a nursing program by this summer. And I am super excited. I finish up my main science pre-reqs by June. Then I have only 4 more minor classes to finish by December (Socio 101, Poli Sci, Bioethics & an upper division Phil class). I am praying hard that I can start a program by Jan 2008. If you can offer a prayer for this intention, please do so.
spiritually: I am renewed. This Tridiuum was really a good one. My family began our yearly traditions of spending most of Holy Week at church. This year it started on Holy Wedesday for our penance service, Holy Thursday service (I was edified when I got a chance to have my feet washed), Good Friday service, and Easter sunrise mass. The Easter joy has filled my heart in a new way!
Very grateful for this second wind in all aspects of my life.

1 Comments:
hey reeg...hope all is well. good luck with the nursing stuff...always praying for you.
as for the nursing via the a.f. way...i suggest u go another route. hehehe. i kinda talked to the education people. they gave me some info but not complete cuz i need to make an appt with them...but from what i got...it's better that it's a last resort. they do offer commisioning for nursing. but i don't know if it's for practitioner. they'll pay for the school...but u have to give them 4 years of ur life. they pay is okay...but it won't be as high as u would get outside. and plus, with the war going on, u don't want to be a nurse for 4 years in the air force. if you're still interested, call me up. have a good one. take care and God bless.
Post a Comment
<< Home