A Taste of the Big Sky Country
Montana was fun!! Apparently they call it the "Big Sky Country" because when you look out, all you can see is the endless beautiful sky. It was snowing when I got in and the snow flurries and hail lasted the duration that I was there. It was pretty cold...and I moaned & groaned the whole time...but it was so BEAUTIFUL.
You know me: I'm always a sucker for nature. For the most part it was white due to the snow storm, but I did get to see some nice rocky green mountains and hills. I always love me some green nature!!
While I was there, my sister and I did some bday shopping, and grocery/toiletries/scrapbooking errands. We hit up some Montana tourist sites and some state parks. Saw a few animals...highlights included cattle, horses, and the PHEASANT! Hung out with her roommates. Visited the Crow Reservation where my sister volunteers as a Reading Clinician. And yes I got to even scrapbook while I was out there!
But the best part of my trip was being able to immerse myself in my sister's experience as a Jesuit Volunteer. I really admire what she's doing. It really takes LOTS of courage and heart to commit herself to community life and to her children/school staff on the reservation. I'm so proud of you sister friend!!
Here's a taste of Montana:
Breakfast & Bluegrass music!
Look it's a winter wonderland!
JV's of Billings (minus Erin)
Pictograph Caves State Park
Downtown Red Lodge
Miss Catalla's kiddos @ recess
Passing out treats to the Kindergartners
Chillan @ Chief Plenty Coups State Park

2 Comments:
it was a good time, sister-friend. thanks for coming :) good times, good times...
waaa heeyy!!!
how fun!!
i want to go on vacation there now. what a cute town and snow!!
Post a Comment
<< Home