Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Living Out a Call

A vocation is a gift of Christ. He as said, "I have chosen you." Every vocation must really belong to Christ. Our vocation is nothing else but to belong to Christ. The work we do is only a means to put our love for Christ into living action.

We know exactly when we say yes to God what is in that yes. YES means "I surrender," totally, fully, without any counting the cost, without any examination: "Is it all right? Is it convenient?" Our yes to God is without any reservations.

Total surrender to God must come in small details as it comes in big details. It's nothing but a single word. It doesn't mean doing extraordinary things, understanding big things- it is simple acceptance, because I have given myself to God, because I belong to Him.

~ Words from the Blessed Mother Theresa

Such depth and wisdom from a humble, holy woman. A time for discernment. Recently there have been many opportunities that have arisen in my life which have prompted me into reflection. Sometimes these reflections are very human as I catch myself counting the costs and weighing out how the convenience factor in these opportunities. I've had plenty of reservations. Then I start to over-sensationalize things in my head, expecting extraordinary things of myself. I fear failure. And the perfectionist side of me kicks in, and I end up putting things off once again. It's paralyzed me too many times before. But I hear it. A call: a call to action.

If only I can completely fully surrender and follow in the steps of Mother Theresa. But my attempt would be a mere baby step compared to the walk of this great woman. I pray for courage in the choices I have to make. I only hope that I can put my love into living action for You. +bil

3 Comments:

Blogger ro*wing said...

thank you for being a constant reminder of God.

10:25 PM  
Blogger dee said...

so good talking to you a few nights ago, reeg. hooray for good gossip. =)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Regilyn said...

Sister: praying for u always.

Deehaw: twas fun huh?!? totally reminded of our 247 days...always love me a good dose of gossip. Miss u friend!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home