Thursday, October 26, 2006

beLATEd

Seriously don't know how a month went by since my last post. Life's been quite the whirlwind the past month. And this post is so late in coming. Here's the quik update.

School
Back to school for me! Finishing my last pre-reqs for nursing. This semester: Microbiology and Anatomy. Don't know what I was thinking taking these 2 classes together. It was a tough start to the sememster...since I've been out of school for over 3 years now. My brain was a bit rusty...but 6 weeks into school and its getting a lil bearable. My only complaint is my anatomy professor. He's terrible!!! If I only knew about the website www.RateMyProfessor.com before hand.

One of the good things about having a crappy professor is that we students band together forming study groups and such, which is an enormous amount of help with all the material we're required to learn. And it's a fun way to vent too! But anyhoo, what's gonna kill me is the 15-week sememster, 5 more unbearable weeks than what I'm used to. But gotta do what I gotta do.

Studying
I didn't really know what I was getting myself into with all this studying. Man I honestly don't think I ever even studied this hard in college. But as my micro professor always says: "the health allied fields requires retaining a lot of knowledge". That's pretty much what takes up most of my days when I'm not in school. I'm such a nerd...I love making outlines. But it gets pretty overwhelming on test days. The past 2 weeks I had a total of 2 major exams (100 ?s each) and 3 quizzes all in 14 day period. It suxed to say the least. I'm just counting down to December. Because I'm a true believer in that when you work hard, you MUST play even harder.

Partay
After studying 3 weeks in a row, I was LONG overdue to be in the presence of friends!! So this past weekend, we celebrated Em's belated 25th bday in SD and the OC. Sooooooo much fun! I love my friends. The highlights of the weekend included going to MAC (i love that place!!), grubbing at Extraordinary Desserts (yum yum), drinks/dancing, carne asada fries, going to Interfaith mass, and ending with a surprise lunch at Tenkos w/ the Irvine folk. Thanks to everyone for coming out to play and making it such an awesome weekend.

Belated Bday Shout Outs
Sorry to all the friends and loved ones that I have over looked in posting a bday greeting. But you were all in my thoughts in prayers! Happy belated bday to: Joy, Kay, Trish, Fran, Analyn, Dad, Em, and Mia!! Love you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger kirsten said...

yea MAC!!!
it was nice seeing yooouu this past weekend =]

10:47 AM  
Blogger kathleen said...

yo reg.

please make more appearances here.

that is all

thanks!

11:32 PM  
Blogger The Gian said...

hello reg. it's been a long time. hope all is well with yah. hopefully, i can come home for christmas. you better hang out with me then. ok. that is all. take care and God bless.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home