Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Falling in LOVE

Back from our religious prilgrimage. Words can do no justice to what I experienced. But here's a quick attempt.

First of all, if I never believed in miracles I do now more than ever. I was so fortuante to witness so many miracles of our Catholic faith. It's one thing to hear of stories about the saints and our faith...but to actually witness it with your own eyes is such a powerful experience. This trip not only renewed different parts of my faith but also helped me fall more in love with the Catholic faith.

My family and I got to see the miracles in Fatima, Portugal,when the sun danced; the preserved heart, arm, and ring finger of St. Theresa of Avila, Spain; the bleeding host in Santarem, Spain; the holy grotto in Lordes, France where the Immaculate Conception appeared to St. Bernadette; the beautiful Assisi, Italy- the home town of St. Francis; and the heart of Catholic faith ROME, Italy. Rome alone was so rich in art, architecture, and history.

Another awesome part of the trip was being able to be in constant reflection. It was such nice get-away from the troubles/worries of everyday life. It was a definite long overdue recharge that I've been needing especially as I embark on this new phase. The best part was the family time.

Like I said...words do no justice. But pictures can capture a thousand words. Pics to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger franny said...

oh, how i miss thee, sammy!

good catching up with you yesterday. we've got to hang out soon soon soon! perhaps a road trip brews. we shall see.

can't wait for the pictures!

9:14 PM  
Blogger dee said...

REG!!!

where have you been all my life?

i'm so happy you had a wonderful time on your pilgrimage! i'm soooo jealous, too...haha. anyways, been thinking about you and how you are doing. hope all is well. i miss thee, reg!!!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home