LONG OVERDUE
So I guess it's been way over 2 weeks since the last entry. Much has passed since then. The sister came into town for Christmas. Her return was quite dramatic thanks to the winter storms that plagued Denver. But nonetheless the visit was short but packed with a lot of much needed bonding time- family time, shopping, and eating!! Funny how we share very similar experiences n outlooks...guess we're a lot more similar than we thought.
Then saw the roomies and the friends! It was really really nice to be with each other...a reunion of sorts. It was seriously like back in the day but not. Because now there's babies, and fiancees, distance, and work. Plus seems like everyone's turning anorexic...haha well not exactly more like losing 20 lbs. I need to join that club. But it was really nice to visist the OC and have a taste of the old Loggers and friends.
Also had a reunion with my high school girls. So we're gonna start having monthly brunches in an effort to stay in touch with each other. Each month, a girl is gonna host a Sunday brunch at a location of her choice. January was Castaways in Burbank. Next month, is my turn to host.
Since the break, I gone back to school. Just finished my 2nd week of school for the winter session. It's going pretty fast...but I like it that way cuz it keeps me on my toes. Just taking a 5-week intro to Chem...so it ain't so bad...much more like a review of the stuff I covered in Chem at UCI in 2000. I went to a counseling session at Mt. St. Mary's and turns out I still need 7 more classes til I can get into the program. I was a bit disappointed since I thought I was gonna be done in June. SoI guess it's gonna be a fight til the end. But the good thing is I'm up for it! But it reminded me again that it's awesome to have goals...but a plan B is just as important! So here's to getting into nursing program.
On a more creative note, I super excited about our circle journals!! I just received Keers and need to get started on it. I'm really found this re-found hobby of scrapbooking/journaling. Helps keeps the creative juices flowing. It's gonna be a fun year. That's all for now.

2 Comments:
"Helps keeps the creative juices flowing."
such a quoteable. "That's what I thought."
hahahahahhahaha way to update your blog, sister-friend. and hey, i was thinking you should take a break in the spring and visit me. :D
YO! i'm glad you got it! sorry it took so long, and sorry mine is not serious. or fancy! haha.
yay!
Post a Comment
<< Home