Thursday, November 23, 2006

HAPPY TURKEY DAY

Another thanksgiving, and another year of blessings.

It's been a rough week with a total of FIVE exams into week 12 of my 15-week semester. So I was really really looking forward to being thankful in my sleep as I hoped to be sleeping in this Thanksgiving day. But my mom and dad reminded me last nite that our last parish mass in old parish church was going to be celebrated bright and early 8:30am Thanksgiving day. So I relunctantly awakened this morning and made our way into the old St. Mary's church, which seats only 550 but was packed with 950 parishionners. In fact, we even got the attention of the fire marshall who allowed us to continue the mass if we agreed to exit the building in an "orderly fashion". The awesome power of mass?! Amem?! But anyway the 2nd reading really captured everything that I was feeling today. This is my prayer for yoU all this Thanksgiving day:

1 Cor 1:3-9


Brothers and sisters:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I give thanks to my God always on your account
for the grace of God bestowed on you in Christ Jesus,
that in him you were enriched in every way,
with all discourse and all knowledge,
as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you,
so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift
as you wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
He will keep you firm to the end,
irreproachable on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful,
and by him you were called to fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

1 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

AMEM, sistah...ameM!

=)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home