Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Weekend Update

I really love my McGrey's!!! Over the weekend, I got my copy of Grey's Anatomy Season 2 from my secret santa, and I also bought their calendar for half price. I can't seem to get enough of them rite now. And to top it off they snagged the Golden Globe last nite!I'm super super proud of them. It's like I know them personally...but seriously seriously I really feel like I do. I've been their fans since their pilot season and continue to follow them religiously. I know there's the school of thought that says they're such a fad...but I won't be selfish...I'm willing to share them with the public. Lol...such smart writing yet such a fun guilty pleasure. Pure entertainment!

It was good times hanging with 25A over the weekend. Good company, good food, good drinks, good laughs, and fun games. Although Murrietta is quite a ways from Palmdale, it was so worth it. Seach has quite a big house out there! We started with some classy appetizers and wine, and enjoyed a delicious 3 course gourmet meal: a holiday salad, prime rib/mashed potatoes, and blueberry chesscake. Yum!! The table was so cute with perfect place settings, reindeer place card holders, and place cards typed in beautiful font. I seriously felt like a bonafide grown-up because our conversations around the dinner table included talk of life insurance, cd's and work. Although we did throw some random memories of our bold times back in college! Then had our secret santa exchange, played some board/video/drinking games and others in which gained some interesting knowlege! In a word, fun!

On Sunday, had to rush back to the Valley for an interview for a volunter/internship at Valley Hospital. It's the very similar to the program that I did at a Hoag Hospital a few years back, where you get to rotate to the MedSurg, Telemetry, the ER, OR, Labor n Delivery, and the Nursery. It was a pretty cool hands-on experience, where I got to see some interesting things including: outpatient eye/knee replacement surgeries, natural & C-section births, and ER cases. I just found out today, I got accepted. Yay!! The really cool thing about this program is that it allows you to be elligbile for a possible acceptance, AND a full scholarship to nursing school for a Valley College (a JC in the San Fernando Valley). So as you can see, I really exhausting all of my options and backup plans to ensure that I get accepted into any program. The other thing is that I've been really wanting to start volunteering again in some way or form...and this program gives me the best of both worlds!

Looking forward to a catch-up weekend! In need of getting caught up with cleaning, my bills, and of course journaling!

2 Comments:

Blogger ro*wing said...

you're a freakin nerd. period. that's it.

9:53 PM  
Blogger franny said...

soooo glad to see you there this weekend. and i love your recap of it all! congrats on getting your volunteer spot...i'm so proud of how you can mesh responsibility and fun together! can't wait until the next time we hang out!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home