Sunday, February 04, 2007

Exhausted

It's been a busy BUT productive 2 weeks. I :

- had quizzes and a final for my Chem class
- started picking up more hours for work
- spent my last 2 weekends at 8 hour training for my CCE internship
- got CPR certified
- passed the CCE test and now am an official CCE

Yay...just finished a successful Winter Intersession. It was quick but relatively painless. Now onward to another semester.

The most fatiguing part of the last 2 weeks was training for the CCE internship. At first, I wasn't too thrilled about spending my last 2 Saturdays and Sundays cooped up in an auditorium for 8 hours of training. But I was pleasantly surprised by most of their speakers/trainers. Very articulate & charismatic speakers with a lot of useful info to offer about the health field. What surprised me the most was not only the time they each invested in training us interns/volunteers, but the quality in which they did so. They invited the CEO's of the hospital to warmly welcome us into their paitient care team. I thought that was really cool and pretty thoughtful of them. This is their contribution in addressing the alarming shortage of nurses in the next couple of years. I pretty excited to start it the internship!

I just must remember this (in every aspect of my life):

Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve You as You deserve; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labor and not to ask for reward, save that of knowing that I am doing Your will. Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger Rowena & Derrick said...

o GINA! wuts up girl?!? good 2 hear u are on ur way to joining dav, and hope n pray u doin well up over there in palmdale, holla back yo, have a wonderful week, peace reGINA!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home