Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hello Stranger

I can't believe that 7 weeks of school have come and gone. And I've survived. This might be the biggest challenge I've ever encountered thus far. Surprisingly the material itself is not the hardest part. The toughest part is the PACE of the program.

Seriously, it gets pretty rough having to memorize 10 chapters in a matter of 2 days...after having an exam earlier in the week...and coming off of a 12-hour clinical the day before. I hope that doesn't come off as complaining....that is just my reality at this time. Because I am grateful. Today was the first time, I really felt the material all coming together and that I was actually retaining something.

The professors attempt to reassure us...by saying that it has been done before...by other schools like Mt. St. Mary's and USF to name a few. But really that does very little to comfort us. But the good thing is that our class is a united front. We bonded together...a pack of 18... but I guess that's inevitable since we spend 35 hour a week together. We live, breathe, eat, and cry Nursing. Although, we did lose one last Friday...the 17 gals that remain are some tough, smart ladies. We've held each other up.

Honestly, its been a rough transition. It's really been a huge adjustment in my lifestyle and my social life- or the lack thereof. But this past Sunday, I was enlightened. Now that I've finally adjusted and truly accepted my reality and my new life. My pastor urged the congregation: Make the best of everything in life. Make the best of wherever you may be in life.

All I can say is that I'm going to do my best.

5 Comments:

Blogger Last Son of Krypton said...

hiya Reg! the workload sounds tough, but you'll hang in there. eyes on the prize!

1:41 AM  
Blogger angfoo said...

You can do it! Praying for you...

PS: When's our next voice mail life exchange?

2:02 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Reg!!!

Excited for you f'reals.

1:10 AM  
Blogger dorothy said...

you're doing it reg! keep it up! i'm praying for you!

4:31 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

awwwwwww i miss you regi!!!
i hope all is well.
and that you're hangin' in there!

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home