Hello World
Taking a mini-break from my nursing manuals. Man 3 weeks into the summer semester and I'm in over my head. There is an incredible amount of reading. By week 1, I already had over 30 chapters to read. By now I've lost count. They were NOT kidding when they named this programs"ACCELERATED". OMG...it's been quite the adjustment. Over 35 hours of classroom/clinicals...and barely anytime to fit in studying, reading, practicing, study groups, projects, sleeping and eating. It's been intense to say the least. I'm just hoping fall quarter is going to ease up.
Week 1: was super overwhelming, just digesting all the info they were throwing at us.
Week 2: eased up a tad when I finally resigned to the fact that my life for the next 15-months would only consist of sitting in class, studying with my nursing buddies, eating, and sleeping.
Week 3: pretty freakin stressful as we prepare for our first round of midterms and exams.
I'm trying my best to stay positive and re-learn how to relax & unwind amongst all this stress. On a more fun note...we start our clinicals tomorrow!!!! Yay...we get to play and practice on real live patients. This is what it's all about. Putting all the theoretical into practice.
Nurses really don't really get enough credit for how much they really have to know and learn. A big shout out to all you RNs out there!!! More to come as my journey unfolds.
Taking a mini-break from my nursing manuals. Man 3 weeks into the summer semester and I'm in over my head. There is an incredible amount of reading. By week 1, I already had over 30 chapters to read. By now I've lost count. They were NOT kidding when they named this programs"ACCELERATED". OMG...it's been quite the adjustment. Over 35 hours of classroom/clinicals...and barely anytime to fit in studying, reading, practicing, study groups, projects, sleeping and eating. It's been intense to say the least. I'm just hoping fall quarter is going to ease up.
Week 1: was super overwhelming, just digesting all the info they were throwing at us.
Week 2: eased up a tad when I finally resigned to the fact that my life for the next 15-months would only consist of sitting in class, studying with my nursing buddies, eating, and sleeping.
Week 3: pretty freakin stressful as we prepare for our first round of midterms and exams.
I'm trying my best to stay positive and re-learn how to relax & unwind amongst all this stress. On a more fun note...we start our clinicals tomorrow!!!! Yay...we get to play and practice on real live patients. This is what it's all about. Putting all the theoretical into practice.
Nurses really don't really get enough credit for how much they really have to know and learn. A big shout out to all you RNs out there!!! More to come as my journey unfolds.
Some pics of my nursing experiences:






6 Comments:
YAY!
Hey GINA! Good to hear, well actually read, your nursing school update. You already 3 weeks in! Might be hard, but it will go fast and in no time you finna be a nurse forrealz. Take care of yourself and stay strong through it all girl. Holla back if you ever need anything.
woooohooo!! praying for you!
wow sisterfriend, you're a trendy! nice update thanks thanks
how fun! you'll get through it ... trust me ... call me if you need anything ... 14 more months and one week ...
wow wow cool!!
more more more!
Post a Comment
<< Home