Thursday, November 27, 2003

Happy Turkey Day Eberybody!!

"Gobble gobble says the turkey. Soon it will B thanksgiving day. Will you EAT me? How u treat me? I will RUN away" - kindergarten holiday rhyme

This thanksgiving I'm thankful for the small things and simple things in life: most especially warm soapy showers and toasty blankets! But I can't forget the BIG things too: family, food, friends, LIWANAG, faith, hardships, and YOU (who's reading my blog!)

Its been a year of blessings! Lots of changes, lots of realizations, lots of trials, lots of fun, lots of life! Thank you JESUS for it all!

SIMPLICITY
I've been coming across a common theme everywhere I go recently: the simple life. It's been something that I've already been feeling having moved back home. However, its funny how it continues popping up in random places: during the homily @ St. Liz's, then again it this new book I'm reading The Purpose Driven Life. Knowing what your purpose in life or more importantly God's purpose for your life essentially SIMPLIFIES it, according to the book. But in many respects, I agree! Becuz once u knoe what u are meant to do, your life is focused and you are no longer wasting time, wandering aimlessly thru life. Life becomes simple and drama, stress, distractions, & conflict seem to diminish. Its funny becuz recently I've been available to think a lot more clearly about what direction I want my life to take. Granted I'm still searching...and still have no idea where I'm going. But going back to the basics has really helped steer some sort of direction on my JOURNEY! Dood does this mean I'm growing up...yuck...hehehe but I think its starting to happen!! This is a really good book...I highly recommend it to everyone! So much clarity and I'm barely on the 4th day of the 40-day readings! Back to the basics.

"A pretentious showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life."

"You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you." Isaiah 26:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home