SPONTANEITY
What a day for spontaneity! Saturday morning, I awoke to Cristina leaving for home home from Shawshank. Oh yea btw tenks girls for always letting us crash at ur pad...so bery sweet of y'all and so berry hospitable too! We all wanted to hang out and enjoy the pretty day. So after about 2 hours of indecisiveness we finally decided on a picnic to da beach. Howeber, as we were all lounging on the sofa couch....we heard a creepy whistling sound wich we later realized was the howling wind. It was a tad bit nipply out there...burrr it was cold out dhere. So a picnic was definitely out of the question. So next idea was lunch and we decide on Thang My in Westminster...yummy viet food for dirt cheap. Then I had to drive the Big silver Pilot home b/c Pancha was scared of asian parking lots...dis krazy girl! Then spontaneously, we decided to pass by SOL's prayer mtg and visit the Blessed Sacrament! So we hurried along....but b4 we left we had to serenade Deehaw w/ a wake-up version of "Hallelujah!" (i honestly dont eben know if dats the title?!). Arrived at St. Liz's pero wala si SOL. So we attended the 5pm mass instead!
I really really got a lot of this mass n homily. I liked the fobby pilipino priest. Very insightful homily. It was the feast of Christ the King this Sunday and he spoke about how with the end of the liturgical year n beginning of advent we should all re-evaluate our lives. And how God calls us all to a life of simplicity. That part really struck home for me. Simplicity admist all the materialism of this world...its truly a hard calling to follow.
After mass, we went to visit JESUS! Doode I dont knoe wat it is, but ever since the beginning I have always truly felt Jesus in this church! I can distinctly remember one of the first moments that I feel in love with the BLESSED SACRAMENT. It was at St. Liz's after one of SOL's spirit rallys. It was during the benediction when the priest was walking the blessed sacrament admist the congregation and music ministry was playing some dope ass praise songs to venerate JESUS. Doode I was bawling like no other as the gift of tears enveloped me it. It was so krazy, cathartic, and cleansing all in one. And everytime I come to visit Him @ St. Liz is still continues to be so dope. My spiritual ears were truly opened last nite. And once again I heard Him knocking on the doors of my heart. I heard His call to serve and reiterated a lot of things that I had realized @ the conference in Maryland! I'm definitely scared so I must really let go! So that I can let God! Anyhoot, my sistahs and I worshipped like no other this nite! There bond that occurs wen rooted in Christ is truly amazing and can never be severed. I love my sisters! It was such a perfect way to end a wonderful visit!
After that we went hunting for nite life in Rowland Heights and decided on boba, howeber we realized dat we was hungry so opted for dinner instead at Pat n Oscars! Yummy yummy grub. Then bak to Shawshank and a long-ass drive bak to Pdale. Dood y'all I was so freakin pagood and was trying to call anyone to keep me awake pero eberyone wasnt answering. So you knoe wat ended up keeping me awake...going down memory lane of all my awesome LOG moments! It was tyte...but I barely got thru memories from my 2nd year wen my sissy called me bak to keep me awake all da way home! What a day and nite of spontaneity! Tenks KJ!
Thankful for:
- Spontaneity
- Cheap grub
- JESUS
- St. Liz
- Callings
- Sistahood!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home