Thursday, November 20, 2003

I guess I lost the bloggin momentum.

Anyhoot, lots of quiet moments recently. I think its really true that u have to go through dark moments in order to hear ur inner voice. Its pretty funny that the most random scenarios are prompting all this self-discovery n realizations. Like when I was watching the Brittney Spears interview w/ Diane Sawyer (dood this girl be everywhere rite now), she spoke of this very thing: having dark moments! She says she's most creative when she's at her darkest time. Well I might have to agree with Ms. Spears, because from my experience its at the end of my darkest moments that I have surges of inspiration and questions answered.

Quik Recap:

Reconnected
So juss wen I thought my umbilical cord was cut off from my mother family: LOG, God has some way of reconnecting it. So Emmy convinced me last weekend to come down to Irvine juss to hang out...fortunately Liwanag was having a sleepover at interfaith. Cranium madness up in God House...krazy loggers...and the magic mike sufficed as background music. But of course the reconnection of the nite happened during the closing prayer, not really nite but more like early morning?K4ish in da am to be more accurate. It was so nice to be bak w/ my bros n sis...and ending the nite in the most perfect way imaginable: a tandem prayer aka prayer circle. Something about juss letting go of eberthing and being in the moment w/ Him, in the fellowship of my family. What a way to be reconnected!!

Good Old Days
Got to hang out w/ my roomies: 247 San Leon n 25A. Something about these sisters dat juss makes all the worries of the world go away! Praise God for women who can make u laugh, cry, and just enjoy life!! We headed off to Normandy...graduation from the Cordon Bleu brite and early last Sat morning!! We barely had an hour n half nap at interfaith da nite b4. Congrats Chef Normie! I loved their cute chef hats n uniform! He had himself a cheering squad: deehaw, emmy, pina francia, tall kay, n myself. Then we stuffed ourselves at Chinese buffet. Sorry Dee...we'll do Gin one of these days...I hope its as good as ur hyping it up to B. Then went to da block for dinner at Alcatraz. Can I just say: wat an extrebeganza!! For one thing there service sucked ass. Lemme tell u...it took about an hour to finally order n get a freakin appetizer. Thanks to Ms Anotado's excellent customer service skills, we got hooked up w/ a fatty discount. This was good times...just like da olden days!! Oh how I lab!!

One w/ Nature
Sunday morning was BEE-aU-tiful, having just rained the nite before! I had an urge to go to Corona Del Mar juss to chill with the waves and the beach (one of my fav get-aways wen I still lived in Irvine) pero there wasn't enuff time b4 the noon mass. My next resort was the Lake off of Barranca. But I settled for this park in Woodbridge. But I think that was where I was really meant to be...b/c it was the best quiet time that I have had in a long while. Got a chance to be w/ nature and juss clear my head. Haven't had a moment like dat since I was in Washington this past summer. I love it after it rains and I love greenery!

Dusk
I think my most favorite time of day is dusk. So I'm "trying" to get bak in shape. And since im still broke at the moment and no longer have the luxury of the ARC, I am left with my neighborhood sidewalk and our local park, where Ive attempted to go jogging but freakin end up walking. LoL! There's something about suburbia that I juss adore. I love look for the perfect house when Im walking the streets of Palmdale. Dusk: its the perfect time. Husbands n wives are coming home from a long day at work. Kitchens are bustling with dinner being cooked. Its still light enuff for kiddos to play outside after finishing their hmwk. And theres a perfect stillness and quiet in this time of day. As if the hustle n bustle of the day subsides for a moment...as the sun makes its slow decent into the horizon and darkness will soon overcome...and the dark sky will be soon lit by the twinkling of the stars. A great time for reflection and mediation about ur day. I love dusk!

Thankful for things that I love:
- Spiritual Reconnection
- Dark Moments
- Sisters and Roommates
- Greenery n Nature
- Alone Time
- Dusk
- Suburbia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home