so wen im motivated to blog…blogger is down…wat is dis madness. So I guess I’ll juss blog on word, save, n post it later online.
So wat r da happenins in my buhay:
MONDAY
Graduation
Had my graudation from my pregnancy counseling training. It was cute the director presented us w/ a red rose, a cute baby’s feet pin, and a certificate. Not to mention the yummy cookies, coffee, and goodies. Prolly a week ago at the last official training day, I started feelin a lil overwhelmed w/ dis whole volunteering thing. Seems like a lot of pressure, becuz the potential life of a baby can be in ur hands. Pretty overwhelming. I totally don’t feel prepared even after 4 wks of training, 2 hrs a wk, every Monday nite. But if u think about it dats only equivalent to 8 hours…wich isn’t really not all dat much to be able to counsel an abortion-minded teenager to have a child. But turns out they are goin to give us some more hands on training. So not as worried. Just go w/ da flow becuz this is where He seems to be callin me.
Bumpy Ride
After graduation, rushed down to la, where I was goin to be picked up by fran and her captain, before heading off to Delano for seach’s mom’s mass n funeral. So I was goin wait at my bestfriend house- trish. I felt kinda bad…b/c of course my fellow loggers were laggin as usual and were supposed to get to her house by 11pm or 11.30pm at the lastest…but didn’t get there until an hour later. And trish had to wake up at 6am the next morning but she didn’t mind dat much. Sorry bestfriend…but wat r best friends for rite. Then we headed for a 2 ½ hr drive to good ol’ Delano. Okay so we started prayin the rosary on the 5 around the magic mtn area…and ms baluca was drivin her brand new pilot w/ 6 other passengers. Then every few feet, u would hear da sounds of turtles bein run ober. It was quite an extrabeganza! Then Arlene told us dis story about how the road was winding back n forth…and krazy pina francia rather then following the curvy road…opted to make her own path goin straight ahead…paying no attention to the lines. Weeya teased her saying: mathematics teaches us the shortest distance b/t 2 points is a line..so screw the road lines…rite fran! Lol…no but seriously u did an okay job considering the distance and the fact that u are a newbie driver. Froud of u sis! Tenks for driving.
TUESDAY
Comfort Inn
Finally arrived at our hotel around 3ish in da morning. Jei and Noreen were already passed out. Odiee tried to take a shower dat nite/morning: but came out of the shower saying- “Damn I hate dat shower. Its only hot, hotter, or hottest!”. I guess the shower had a trick to it. Doode can I tell u tho dat hotel room was freakin hot! I was tryin to crack da window but no luck. And couldn’t find da AirCon. Dang it was krazy hot. So much dat Fran, Shelbs, n Odiee slept in her freakin Pilot. Krazy kats. Finally bedtime.
GPS Navigation
So woke up a few hours later 7.30am and we all got ready..pretty impressive all 9 of us got ready in just over an hour w/ only 1 bathroom. Pretty good huh?! So we finally packed into fran’s pilot and jei’s humungous truck. And we set the GPS… pretty nifty huh. Okay so the church was supposed to be only 5mins away. So why did it take us 25 minutes to get there. 1 new driver + gps system = 25 minutes. We took da scenic route. But da bad news was dat we were late for da mass.
Paying Our Respects
At the end of mass, was the first time I saw Seach walking down the aisle. And she looked so strong. Arlene and I were talking after, saying wow she was so put together, if it was either of us, we would have ben ballin’ and crawling on the floor. My heart and prayers goes out to my sis Seach. Then we got lost once again tryin to find the escort to da cemetery. I guess there system in a 40,000 populated town isn’t da same as the city (w/ da krazy cop escorts, tags on car, caravan.) Seach asked dat we sing for the ceremony. Dang it was an emotional one. They had everyone sprinkle flower petals over Auntie Lydia and then everyone paid their respects to the immediate family. Wow this was pretty tough to have to see the Pablo family’s pain during this really trying time. I pray for their comfort and the repose of Auntie Lydia’s soul! I tried my best to get thru the songs…but It would hit me every once in a while. I could never imagine this happening to my parents. They are so incredibly strong. Please join me in prayin for them.
Lunch
Headed over to the house for a yummy Filipino/Chinese lunch. Seach’s nephews n niece are sooo cute. Some them were even dressed in tiny lil barongs. It was so adorable. Grubbed a lot, took a few pics, chit chatted briefly w/ Seach, and then we were off. Franny had a middy later dat afternoon. Kawawang bata. So we gased up at Bakersfield and Shelbs took over the pilot for a smoother ride to La. Picked my car from Trish’s and grab some really nasty boba. So I was craving some good old milk tea w/ boba…and I found this boba place in LA in the Larchmont area. The description described the drink: hot martini-style black tea latte almond flavor. So I was excited to fill my craving. Can I say yuck…double yuck…it was so gross…nothing like a milk tea. Minus points. Then picked up my rents before heading bak to P-dale.
WEDNESDAY
1st Day Counseling
Slept in…wich was nice after the krazy sleepless extrebeganza to Delano. Went online to get a verification proof of graduation for my stoopid insurance company. Then had to get ready for my hands-on training day at the AV pregnancy center. Rushed ober there and got to shadow a young counselor like myself. We got a pretty young client and were in the counseling room for over 2 hours. It was pretty krazy but a really awesome experience. We got a pretty easy case compared to the ones I heard about in training but cant disclose all the gory details bcauz of confidentiality reasons. But it was really rewarding.
Catch Up
Got to talk to many friends today: old n new, online n on ATT. Funny dat now dat I moved bak home home and farther away, I keep more in contact w/ friends n family, then when I did when I was actually in Irvine (closer in proximity to everyone). True about how distance makes the heart grow fonder. Berry true. I juss wish Pdale was juss a lil bit closer to civilization. Gets kinda lonely at times…but I’m coping. I am blessed!
Kay folks dis one was a long one….Im pagood so til next time...Keep prayin for da victims of cali wild firestorms n da firefighters. God bless California!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home