I love that feeling when you are reassured. By a realization, by a friend, by a homily... I went to church noon mass at interfaith today and Fr. Pat's homily was about being reassured about who you are as a person. And today was definitely one of those days. With my weeks as a undergrad at UCI slowly winding down, I am constantly feelin the pressure of the real world and of having to figure out what I'm gonna do with my life. Really all kinda stressful. And really is testing me as a person, as all these insecurities evolve. But today i felt a little bit more grasp about who I am and where I'm going. I was reassured! And it feels good. I guess I haven't been really into sharing recently, which is really wierd for me since I always thought of myself as a very open person. But I'm slowly peeling away at those layers that are burdening my heart. Trying to delve deeper into my core to continue challenging myself as I journey to find me! Its tough tough work. And I really have to admit it hurts like heck. But I know that'll be all worth it in the end. Because when it comes down to it the journey to self-discovery really does have to start with the self. Sometimes I get depressed because the journey does get lonely when u have to deal with things on ur own. But at the same time, it's also quite comforting knowing that when I'm ready the people that I love will still be there for me as they have continued to be. I love life! Changing is quite fun...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home