Monday, April 21, 2003

Feelin kinda blah today. Ironically, its a day to rejoice because it is EASTER. Happie Easter all! Maybe it because it was a really non-productive weekend. Although I did get a chance to spend some time with the rents! That was nice. Holy week n the triduim has always been a big deal w/ my family. We always spend holy thursday, good friday and easter sunday or vigil in mass- everyday for at least 2-3 hours. It was something i used to dread before when I was younger. But it something that i truly appreciate now. Especially after talking to my sis in seattle. She is so devastaed that she cant be w/ the fam for the easter holiday. No worries wing. You'll be home soon enuff. We all just take things for granted sometimes until we don't have it or until someone points it out to us. So tenks wing for the reminder!

I think I might be having LOG withdrawals or something. I'm not really sure. I have really had an awesome last few weeks. From SOL's spirit rally (where my heart was impassion with His spirit and with a new love for the Blessed sacrament). The Spirit or Love community does an awesome job re-igniting my love and devotion to our LORD thru the blessed sacrament. They really allow themselves to be used as instruments especially with the gift of music and song. The combination of singing awesome praise songs to our LORD as He comes down the church aisle, is such an awesome experinece. To be so lost in prayer, and praising and tears! It is such an overwhelming and edifying experience!

Then came our chance as Loggers to praise and worship our Lord thru the Voice Within Rally. I will honestly admit that of all the rallies that I've served in, this one might have been the most disorganized and unplanned one ever. Even tho, we had began "practices" over a quarter ago, we really didn't really get the ball going until the week right before the rally, which was definitely uncertain and uneasy for many of us, myself included. But however, this rally might have been the one that I felt the most heart from every single person particpating and serving in it. From all of our practices, commericial filmings, skit practices, song segments, etc. I felt the light-heartedness and fellowshiping that was constantly in the air. And I was blessed toI witness Loggers getting closer to each other and bonding in so many ways. I dont think I laughed like that in such a long time- true genuine fun times with my fellow bro's and sis's. And it was also because we all had the common goal of keeping HIM in sight, and we all did a really job in reminding each other that every single thing that we did in preparation for that nite was for HIS greater glory and no one else's. Prayer I think was what also kept us all in check and on track, even tho we did seem to go on some extreme tangents and spontaneous outings! People were constantly praying tho, if not in the group, individually; many pple were making the effort to go to confession and attend mass. It was so awesome! And I could already see that He was being glorified even before the nite had arrived. And when the nite did arrive on saturday april 12th....WOW. Everything and I mean everything just all feel into place! PRAISE GOD! From the skits, to the songs, to the prayers, to the praising and worshiping- it was just all so awesome. That might have been one of the most relaxed rallies that I've ever been in because I think i truly Let Go and Let God. And He sure did take over!

Then I had a wonderdul birthday. Man did they ever cake me! But I GUESS i deserved it. Wow it was such a production. They had so many people in it. From Jei getting me out of the apartment, then Dee and Fran ambushing me rite outside, to the chase where cristina followed me with a camera, to joycee topping it all off with the cake plastic cover thrown on my head. It was pretty classic, i will have to admit! Good job guys! Then dinner at TGIF with 30+ peeps. That was so sweet! I felt sooooooooooooo loved that nite- surrounded my beloved liwanag: old, new, and in between, my roommates, my best friends from high school, yfc, and my b-day buddy 3-D! Go tax babies!! It might have been one of the best b-days ever. Having all the people that mean so much to me all in the same room (minus my family), was such a blessing. I really truly felt blessed and thank you all who were there to share that nite with me. You ALL are awesome and I love you!

And here we are to the present. And I guess after all the busy-iness of everything, I haven't really gotten the chance to catch my breath until now. Praise God for a weekend of rest, sleep, good food, meat (yay), hanging out with the parents, praying, shopping for b-day presents, and just relaxing. But unfortunately there was no time in all the R n R for academia. And its now all biting me in the tooshie! Boohoo. Oh well, just need to catch up. And here I am blogging away. So I guess I'll have to cut it short.Dats all for now... till next time bloggie!

So wats the dealio w/ this whole theme/topic?!? I've been so out of the loops. Points system and stuff? I haven't really gotten the chance to read up on it. Hey anyone interested in helping me get a chatterbox...please. U'll know me ms. queen computer illiterate! Help me someone please!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home