Im baaaaaaaaaaack...feels so good being able to finally breathe again! It's been a wierd few days. I think I'm still recovering!! Even though I officially ended finals on tuesday afternoon....I'm still nowhere near being done. Feel like im still running on the momentem of finals and i can't seem to slow down. Wish i really could, because I can feel my body starting to give. I'll get more into that another time.
I had a pretty decent jour (french 4 "day"...think soup du JOUR)!! Had a shift in the Labor n Delivery at HOAG-ie and was blessed to watch 2 C-section births. So awesome...kinda funny b/c I was talking to deehaw and frannybaloo about it...and dee asked if i cry wen I see babies being born (something that SHE's been known to do wen watching TLC's "a baby story"!!). And surprisingly Reg (probably 1 of the most emotional being u'll ever meet) has never really gotten anywhere near to becoming even teary-eyed. I feel so unemotional and out of character. But i think the biggest reason why that happens is because the environment that i'm surrounded is so technical and medical that unfortunately nurses/docotors get so lost in the routine and procedures that they forget to enjoy and allow themselves to become emotiona/attached to. What they do is really sooooooooo amazing. Science is truly an AWESOME invention... they way they can just cut up a person...pop a baby rite out of her...sew up her uterus and other organs...and have a beautiful baby girl/boy in the end. So trippy i tell u...and such a blessing to be able to participate and witness it!
Then later in the day I had therapy w/ Nathan (my austic kiddo), and I called in a to be a little late because I was famished and wanted to squeeze a mini-nap. And my boss, Yoonies, invited me to watch Disney on Ice with her and the kids. It was so last minute and unexpected. But pretty fun. The show was pretty but surprisingly not too great. I had assumed that Disney would have done a way better job then what they did. It was fun. I really am blessed to work for a family who treats me like one of the family.. Overall a good day.
I ended the day on a full stomach...of IHOP with fran, crish, n shelby. Yummy...there belgian banana waffles kick ass but are super super sweet. Pretty dayam good tho! GOOD jour...good jour!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home