I ended up changing the title and intro to my blog...to THE JOURNEY. I guess u can say ever since high school, I would always gravitate to quotes, readings, stories etc about one's journey in life...the windy paths, the ups and downs, the road blocks. It was actually in my senior year religion class w/ Ms. Grasmehr (yes boys n girls...i attended an ALL GIRLS catholic school), when I first realized my fascination w/ the whole journey theme. She had a class meditation, where we had us close our eyes and she led us thru a guided meditation. I REALLY really really like this activity. I guess dis is when I began my search to find myself. U could say that I have always been a restless soul...never satisfied w/ anything....always looking for more...never at peace w/ myself...knowing that there's was something more out there for me to do w/ myself and w/ my life. However, I am also the type that loves to fill my plate until it is overflowing n oozing w/ so much that I don't even know wat to do w/ myself. This was how I would subconsiously distract myself from my OWN thoughts, desires, and fears. But ever since that meditation, a seed was planted in me and I know in the bottom of my heart that my journey w/ Christ had begun.
Then when I came to UCI...I found LIWANAG praise GOD. I met so many beautiful pple who were so open and willing to share themselves and most importantly their FAITH w/ me. As a result I too began opening myself to God. And I can testify that my life has never been the same. He's changed me in so many ways. And I am the person that I am today because of Kuya Jess. WOW, what an AWESOME journey it has been, and the end is not insight!!! Looking back on the last 3 1/2 years, I would have never imagined that my path would be what it is today. I sure had my share of straying from the path...and choosing a more worldly path. But I can always tell the difference b/t HIS path and MY path...because I always end up being dissatisfied and never completely filled wen I try to pave my own way. But as soon, as I allow HIM to guide me, I promise u I always have this sense of peace overcome me. Plus whatever crap I'm going thru at the time...is not even burden when I just Kuya Jess' path. So I'm ready for what is to come. I prepared for the adventure, for the trials, for the ups n downs, and the continued friendship/fellowship that I have found in my family LIWANAG!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home