Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Alright alright! Freak...everyone n even MOM's been reminding me to blog! Sorrie...my life's been kinda dissheveled recently. And I'm trying not to overdue myself w/ finals so around the corner. Well gosh so much to update on really don't know where to begin...

Hoag
If y'all don't know, I intern/volunteer at Hoag Hospital in Newport for the last seven months and I'm currently working in the LABOR n DELIVERY dept. Wow can I tell u, how awesome it is to be able to share and witness to the beginning of life of a person! It it so beautiful yet at the same token its so BLODDY...u will never believe how much fluid a women can retain in her belly wen she's pregnant...and wen she delivers well out goes all that fluid. Pretty nasty...but u know me i absolutely LOVE blood n guts. That's why I really think Nursing is the profession for me. On sat, wen some of y'all were grubbing at circus circus....i was at Hoag witness the birth of HOSIA- he is 7lbs and 2 wks early. He was turned upside-up (the abnormal way) so the doctor in effect had to manually flip him over as mom was delivering w/ a freakin suction. WOW can i tell u that looked pretty damn painful. Think doctor trying to YANKl out baby's head in u while ur bearing down to push. (sorrie if dats graphic for some y'all!) But after all that pain came the beautiful baby boy Birth and life is so amazing. However, that day there was an emergency hysterectomy on another mom her name was JING JING (1st name n last). Funny huh...coz dats my nickname jing-jing. Yea pretty sad, she was bleeding out after havig a C-section. Was really serious...she was in surgery 4 3 hours after birth and was stabalized eventually.

I've been going back n forth about what am I going to w/ my life: nursing or social work...nursing or therapy for autistic kids...nursing or speech therapy. I always find myself going back to nursing. There's so much stability in nursing in terms of being guaranteed a job about anywhere I go and financially for my future. But my major is psyche so I feel that I should check out what types of profession are out there 4 my major before I go back to schoool for nursing. So freakin overwhelming dude! I don't know. But I feel like nothing in pschye will really hold my attention span for that long.

So here my tentative plan: <i>graduate in june --> find a job- either work 4 an autistic company or work for school district --> simultaneously I'll be applying for a post-bacc nursing program n taking the required pre-req's --> 2 more years of nursing school --> then become a traveling nurse.

Ultimately, I want to link together my psyche background w/ my nursing background. The Child Abuse center that I intern in Orange has this amazing nurse practionner who takes care of abused kids from the medical perspective. I thought was awesome wen i found out. She inspired me!

okay cool cats... this got a tad long...and my ramblings has taken more time than i had alloted for myself...so I must continue next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home