Sunday, November 23, 2003

A Complete 360
In geometry, a complete circle is equal to 360 degrees. This past weekend, I experienced a circle of sorts at LOG's 3rd Annual Benefit Concert. But instead of being a participant, I was part of the audience. I have to say it was quite a different experience, however, simultaneously it was equally enjoyable. As soon as, I trekked the mini-hill up to ELH, I saw the bustling of people making their way into the lecture hall. And it was a nice surprise to see that I did not recognize any of their faces. Then out of nowhere, I hear this excited scream "REEEEEEEGGGGG!!!!!!¨ coming from the darkness and I suddenly found myself in the arms of some girl's embrace. She was super excited and kept saying I miss u...I miss u Regfoo! I politely returned the hugs mind you, but this whole time....it could have been an axe murder or rapist who could have been hugging me and I wouldnt have known it! One hint was that I was definitely hugging someone who was shorter and smaller than me...yet I still had no clue who it could be. And finally we pulled away and a face was put to the voice. It was my sister Kathee...I miss this fun loving Paul Frank addict!! So what an awesome way to start a wonderful weekend!!

Then, my roommate Emely and I made our way to the welcome table where we were cordially greeted by our brothers Dante Derrick David and Jason DeGuzman. Then we finally entered ELH, where Em and I had to just stand at the back of the lecture hall just to take it all in! And what a sight it was to see the decorations, the wonderful turnout, and our fellow Loggers rushing to make the last few preparations for the night. I really had to pull myself together because it was quite an emotional moment for us both. This was going to be the first time that we were no longer going to be onstage with our family, but rather, members of the audience cheering on our Beloved family. We caught the sight of Ms. Haw as she quickly disappeared backstage...to which we took as our cue to follow her and see what kind of extrabaganzas were taking place backstage. Fortunately, we made to the prayer circle before the concert. While we were all in presence of the Lord, I took a quick glance around the circle and was truly edified by what I saw. I saw all these beautiful faces beaming with the Lord and ready to lift Him up that night in song! It was so AWESOME!

On our way back inside, I ran into Julie (who went to NDA with me and is also Wing's good friend). That was so cool to see her as part of Liwanag! When we finally made our way back inside, I really didn't know what to do with myself. So Em and I stood at the back for a little while because she was manning the video. Then the kraziness started. I dont know about y'all but the concert went by so fast for me. I was super impressed by every single act: because not only did everyone sound so dope, but because everyone was really inspirational. Each person and community up there, were so on fire for the Lord that it was so contagious! I was especially moved by B.O. aka Beautiful Ones. Ive heard this song several times before, but the way y'all arranged the parts was so pretty that you all honestly sounded like angels. I also really liked Mustard Seed's Paul and LOG choir's "Above All¨. Thank you Liwanag for all your hard work and for being His instruments! HALELLUIA (loving the typo on the poster...did nyone else catch it! ;)

And here is where the circle was completed for me! Five years ago, I discovered this quirky group on ring road during Welcome Week, singing actions songs and being very welcoming of me. Then I feel in love with them, every single Tuesday when we would all congregate at the Interfaith trailers either singing krazy actions songs, cracking corny fobby jokes, and worshipping and fellowshipping through prayer, example, ACTS, bible studies, family led meetings, skits, mass, rosary, Mafia, retreats, Homeless Outreaches, and the list goes on and on. I will never forget Gerard's never-ending speeches, Jei's nasty armpit sweat from going all out during action songs, Noreen's humoungous heart and awesome prayers during ACTS, and Joe's passion for serving the less fortunate. Fast forward to Liwanag's 3rd Annual Benefit Concert to where I stood like a proud parent of what has become of my family. I couldn't believe my eyes: TWO rows of Loggers praising and worshipping all for HIS glory. BEAUTIFUL!! I saw all the newbies: Lees, Cristina, NGfoo, Flo, Kathee, Marites, Nimmie, all stepping up and continuing to spread that light that LOG is known for. I couldn't help but get emotional. My loves were all up there going krazy for our Lord thru song!! I know God was smiling in heaven at His children praying once, twice, thrice again and again!

I was thinking on my long-ass drive down from Palmdale just a few hours before, how luckily I truly was to have been able to have found Liwanag. I know many people who have yet to have experience JESUS, the way I have through this group. My only hope is that one day they may either come across Liwanag or may encounter God the same way I did through LOG. Thank you Liwanag: past, present, and future for not only opening my eyes and heart to Jesus but for continually saying Yes to be His instruments to so many in darkness. Liwanag you are my LIGHT!!

The 360 degree was also completed when I saw so many generations of LOG in one room! So kool! It was a mini-reunion of sorts as well! Good to see the OG: Jei, Noreen, Jim Bob, Ray, and even my roomie Chrys, and Hoochie mama Arlene, as well as Glenn and Dorothee! Yay what a night!!! And the perfect way to end the night was with friends at the usual kickit spot IHOP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home