Survival Mode
Just finished up my psych rotation at UCLA-NPH. I can't believe 5-weeks have come and gone. I survived & really found this rotation quite enjoyable! It is definitely an option to pursue in one of my many journeys through nursing. My nurse-mates & I had an awesome lecturer/clinical instructor who actually knew how to teach an accelerated course (sadly she's been the ONLY ONE in this WHOLE program!) It was an added bonus that I was assigned to UCLA...it was the perfect setting to see a nice variation of mentally ill patients, and I really loved how it's a teaching hospital. Another exciting thing I found out is that UCLA has a really strong new-grad program (which is the TOP criteria to selecting a hospital for me).
It's pretty crazy that technically I only have 21 official weeks of nursing school left- minus all the vacations/holidays. 11 more weeks of Spring semester and 10 weeks of Summer semester. It's all going by sooooooooo fast. But honestly, I'm running on survival mode and living it one day at a time. So far, it's been a challenging but worthwhile experience. Thank you for all the prayers...they are definitely working.
Now must start to finalize what departments I want to interview for...it's so weird. I keep going back and forth. I definitely want my medical experience first. At this point, I'm between ICU or step-down ICU. Psych nursing is definitely in my future once I'm down with the medical route. And rite now...a CNS-NP in mental health seems appealing. But again it changes from day to day. We shall see...but for now I'm gonna continue on my survival mode because it's been working thus far.

4 Comments:
REGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
you're going to make a wonderful nurse, reg.
Hi Ang. Hi m&mlover...thanks for the encouraging words :)
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON!"
one day at a time right? and you have wicked to look forward to!
Post a Comment
<< Home