Monday, January 21, 2008

Round 3

It's the eve before the start of my 3rd semester. And I'm making time to slow down and exhale. I've had quite a productive day of house chores:
  • cleared out the fridge
  • put away the Christmas decor (i know, i know im late but its cuz I haven't been in my apt since New Year's)
  • organized the closet to make room for my business causal attire (to replace my scrubs for my psych rotation)
  • vacuumed
  • cleared the kitchen counter for my new toaster oven
  • and printed over 200 pages of notes, syllabi, handouts and powerpoints for the upcoming semester.

BUT alas I didn't get to my poli sci paper. Boohoo. I'll crank it out tonight.

In any case, on the eve before the chaos begins I just wanted to stop and give myself a few moments to reflect. The break was filled with relaxation, good food, good company, lots of sleep, some stress thanks to my Poli Sci class, awesome family time, sister time, and one great epiphany.

I am thankful for it all. And I hope it will sustain me through the next round. I'll be honest...I'm a tad nervous after printing out all of my syllabi and realized what all the instructors were forewarning us about this semester. It's gonna be intense...but with Him all things are possible. So here's to successful 16 weeks! Godspeed all!

2 Comments:

Blogger franny said...

hey regi! just wanted to wish you all the best as you start the next semester. i'm rooting for ya. i know you're going to kick butt, because the world needs caring nurses like you!

i miss ya, girlie. see you on friday!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Rowena & Derrick said...

GINA! you got this!

i know you do!

see ya soon!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home