Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The End is in Sight!!!

I officially have have 3 weeks of nursing school left. Because we have 4-day weeks this semester, this actually equates to 14 days left. Praise God! It's pretty surreal that the end is insight. I am ecstatic, overjoyed, anxious, and impatient. It's honestly so hard to concentrate. The good thing is that our workload isn't too overwhelming anymore. Now that I finished my 5-week history course, I can finally focus on my nursing stuff. We were able to negotiate all of our exams to be either open-book exams or take home exam. Pretty sweet huh? And all of our research papers, we were able to negotiate to PowerPoint presentations. Then a couple of group presentations. All of which is so doable =) So my to do list:

Health in the News
Change Project PowerPoint
Leadership Group Project
Public Health PowerPoint
Salmonella Education Group Project
Leadership Take Home Exam
Public Health Take Home Exam

So I'm pretty stoked for August 17th. The day it all ends =)

It's been another challenging semester...but in a different way. Surprisingly the instructors have been pretty put together compared to the past semesters. My challenge was more internal. It's been a few months of soul searching, discerning, and waiting. The process of job hunting is daunting. I been on a mission to find a place where I can be safe, gain the best training, and advance the most in my career.

And I finally found a fit in Cedars-Sinai. I received an offer on Friday, August 11th for a Clinical Nurse #1 in the Trauma/Neuro ICU. Yay! I'll be working night shift and am scheduled to start October 27th. I'm planning to move back to L.A. sometime in early October. (hopefully somewhere close to the hospital). So thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers, well wishes, and good thoughts. It has meant the world to me and has what has gotten me this far.

I CAN do all things through HIM who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

8 Comments:

Blogger ro*wing said...

CONGRATS! "thank you so MACH!"

7:25 PM  
Blogger The Gian said...

congrats and good luck reg... hey maybe we can be neighbors when i come back...in 2 years...hahaha. maybe then we could start another uci crew there...or get the old crew to move there?

dang girl...YOU MADE IT!!!

12:27 AM  
Blogger kathleen said...

wow congratulationssssss!!!!

cedars sinai!! tell me if you see britney (spears)

8:11 AM  
Blogger angfoo said...

You did it!

9:55 AM  
Blogger janice said...

congrats! you inspire me. :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger ro*wing said...

"I been on a mission to find a place where I can be safe, gain the best training, and advance the most in my career."

look out for typos! aaaaahhhh

either that, or you just sound like a FOB and that's cool.

5:29 PM  
Blogger dee said...

oh, reeeeg, i'm so FROUD of you! the end is in sight, girl! or, the beginning rather!

and regarding the gian's post above, we are definitely trying to get the told crew back together once more! but, maybe in the BAY! consider the possibility....more money, nice cold weather, and the double d's!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Last Son of Krypton said...

congrats, Reg! all that work has paid off. time 2 start gettin paid for realz!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home