Friday, April 18, 2008

Defeated...

Once again, we've encountered yet another bump in the road to our BSN. This time around my nurse-mates and I opted for the direct approach by being up front with our instructor and directly addressing our grievances. And I'm afraid that wasn't the wisest of choices. In fact, it may have backfired instead.

She invited us to describe ways that she can be helpful so we asked her for strategies on how we can succeed in her class (e.g., focus on her notes or our readings or a study guide). Instead, we were insulted for begging for any easy-way out and we were told we had a long-way to go in passing the NCLEX. In so many words, she compared us to her other students in another program and told us we were way behind. She brought down our morale. She confirmed our insecurities. And she freaked us out. Honestly, I am so tired. I am tired of fighting, I'm tired of jumping in and out of loop after loop after loop. I am trying my best to stay positive when the light at the end of the tunnel is so close. But it seems there are so many forces out there working against me.

So I must resign, and yield to His power. I pray for strength, perseverance, and the energy to continue on, to pick up my cross, and walk humbly. I must do my best to put on His armor.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:10,11

1 Comments:

Blogger Last Son of Krypton said...

sorry 2 hear that the road is rough at CSUN. i jus wish u the best n hope that u overcome.

btw, ur uniforms r much more cooler than ours (LBCC)!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home