The Home Stretch
I can't believe I'm at the last 5 weeks of my 3rd semester...one more to go and we're done. Recently, I've been doing my reflecting exercises, in which I evaluate how far I've come since a month ago, since 6 mos ago, and since a year ago. I like to do this check-in with myself every so often to see how far I've come and how much I've also regressed. It's pretty interesting the things I come to realize about myself.
It's been a life-changing 10 months. I've been challenged academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I've been humbled and brought to my knees. So many times, I've doubted why I accepted a position in a brand-spanking new A-BSN program. And 5 minutes later, I realize how fortunate I really am & how coveted my position is by thousands of potential nursing candidates. The last 3 semester has been filled with a roller coaster of ups & downs. In all honesty, I'm not always proud of the person that I've become under intense amounts of stress. I haven't been the best version of myself either.
But all in all, it's been an amazing learning experience. I am changed by the people who I've encountered: patients, instructors, and my fellow nursemates. I am blessed with so much love & support from my family & friends who are rooting & praying for my success. Through it all, I continue to realize that nursing cannot be just a job. It IS A VOCATION. And that's what I have to keep reminding myself everyday. It's been quite the journey.
(Taken our 1st semester of nursing school)

1 Comments:
dats wassup girl. keep on keeping on. u got this! much love GINA!
Post a Comment
<< Home