Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Saturday- 10.18.2008

This date will go down in history as the day I officially became a RN! Yay I passed by NCLEX board exam. Praise God! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all you, prayer warriors, out there who were lifting me up. I honestly felt the power of your prayers- when a sense of peace would overcome me especially during the weeks leading up to the test.

So here's how I found out that I passed:
  • Several of my nurse-mates received their results online on the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) website within approximately 72 hours after taking their test. Because I took my exam on Wed morning 10.15.08, I was anticipating that the earliest my results would be posted would be Monday 10.20.08 (because the website is only updated Mon-Fri). So I was bracing myself for a 4-5 day wait.
  • But for some reason, I had this instinctive feeling that my results might post sooner than that. So while I was hunting for furniture online, Friday night, I become one of those crazed nursing students, checking the BRN site every 5 minutes.
  • Later in the evening, I noticed that the website was "UPDATING". I did my best to stay up...but alas I couldn't take it anymore and headed to bed reassuring myself that if the results did in fact post, I would see it in the morning.
  • 8:15 Saturday morning, as I waking from a bad dream, I heard a text message. It was one of my nurse-mates, who had texted me at 3:15am that our results were online. Being the deep sleeper that I am, I didn't hear my phone.
  • So I ran to turn on my computer...and those were the longest 5 minutes of life waiting for my laptop to load. I put my first & last name onto the BRN site.
  • Then I saw my full name with 2 more initials behind my name: RN! Yaaaaaay!!!
I started squealing & yelling "I passed...I passed...I passed!!!" I ran downstairs to share the great news with my Dad. And woke up the rest of the household. It was the best feeling in the world! After the 2 challenging years of prereqs & nursing school , it is awesome to finally be able to start my career. What a relief.

Thank you, Lord for everything! Thank you Mom, Dad, & Wing- without your support I could have never survived this accelerated year and half. Thank you friends & family for your endless words of encouragement & prayers- which got me through some tough times. I am truly blessed to have so many loved ones who have my back!!

So onto the next adventure- a new grad program in the ICU! I start Monday 10.27.08- it's so freaking exciting! Woohoo!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger kathleen said...

coonngraaaattts!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

congrats, reg
<3 meechy

11:57 AM  
Blogger janice said...

yaaaay!! i liked the story!! Congrats!!!!

Nice bumping into you at the Galleria. :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger kay said...

yay congrats fellow icu rn! can't wait to share stories! so proud of you! love you!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home